Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where you at


In the course of life we sometimes come to a point on the road and wonder "how did I get here from there?". In my long and illustrious life (of 44 years) all of a sudden I realize that I'm older now than I was (duh)and I will not get any younger so where am I?
I have been on a journey the past 2 years that I never thought I would be on. There have been many changes that I have endured that have sought to bring me low and yet I find myself not low but different. For to long I have assumed so many things and have, to one extent or another, been adrift in a sea of complacency and predictability (if that is possible, I mean what is really predictable?) Things that I once thought certain and unquestionable are now things I wonder if I have totally missed it.
One thing is sure, none of this has caught God by surprise. In Acts 17:26, Luke recording what Paul said, it states "From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." This is an incredible verse. God is omniscient and omnipotent so of course he can determine the time set for me and determine the exact place I should live but I have not thought that way. My mindset is to think that I have determined these things. I do have responsibility to do obey and do what is that God wants but it is God at work. The road or journey that we are on is an opportunity to know God and to understand what He wants to do in and through our lives. God is the author and perfecter of our faith. He calls us to be holy, obedient, loving followers of Christ and in the context of that relationship is able to do wonderful and marvelous things that we would have never comprehended even if were given the opportunity to look into the future.
Don't waste what you are going through with self-pity or feelings of abandonment. God knows where you are. Sometimes we don't know why we go through some of the stuff we do but God does. His ways are perfect and in weakness His power is made perfect. Remember that if you belong to the Lord He only has your best interest in mind and greater than that He has His glory in mind, so give it to Him; all of it.
Take a moment and consider where you at today (I know, bad grammar, sentence structure, sounds like a 3 year old speaking). Thank God he knows where you are and the plans He has for you.

No comments: