Wednesday, October 6, 2010


I am absolutely convinced and believe that the word of God is sufficient for all things. Here is a part of the reason that I believe this; 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."


Through God and our Lord Jesus Christ and knowledge and understanding we have the necessary power and strength to overcome anything that might come our way. This may include health issues, relationship issues, financial issues, etc. Jesus is our hope. His word is our counselor. The Spirit is our Teacher.


For the next twenty-two days I am going to be reading through Psalms 119 eight verses at a time. This Psalm has much to say and teach about Word of God, my response to it and the blessing that comes from obeying it. Would you join me on this journey? If so, please leave a comment and let me know.


Psalm 119:1 gives us the benefit of keeping his "statues" and walking "according to the Law of the LORD"; it is to be blessed and blameless. I want to live a blessed life and a blameless life. The only way to do such is to obey, meditate and keep the word, precepts, decrees and commands of the LORD.


I hope that you will join me on this journey and at the end we will know more of God's word and then live to obey it more fully.

No comments: