Thursday, December 29, 2011

The End of a Long Road

Today I conclude a 15 year ministry at First Southern Baptist Church. It has been a great time filled with excitement, growth, challenges, rewards and fulfillment. Words cannot fully describe and express all that I feel about this day.

When we came to the church my family was young and now I have three grandchildren. Shelly and I have spent over half our married life serving in this place and have enjoyed many good things as well as difficulties. All these years of serving have proved to be the greatest time in our lives and yet we sense that we are not finished and we have great friendships that I hope, in some way, will continue.

I am uncertain of what is next but God is not. God sees all things past, present and future. He knows everything so with that I will trust Him, follow Him and serve Him.

I am planning to continue this blog and will continue to share about this life on a regular basis. This change and transition will come to pass and there will be a new normal soon.

Happy New Year!

No comments: