Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Here I Go Again

Everything I once held dear and thought was right has been blown away by our kind, gracious, patient, loving Savior. The belief that I was the center of the universe, had all knowledge and wisdom, understood all mysteries and was always right has been completely exposed as idolatry and sin.

Though I never meant to exalt myself above God or to think of myself more highly than I ought, I look back and see that I drifted toward allowing those feelings into my mind and I couldn't recognize it at the time.

A few years removed and I see more clearly than ever before. The reality is that I have nothing to offer, nothing to boast in and lack in all areas of my life without Christ. Jesus Christ must be the center of our lives or we will begin to believe the lies that we can make it without Him or we may think that we have enough knowledge and wisdom to make it on our own.

When I started this blog I was serving on staff as a full-time associate pastor and wrote from that perspective and understanding. Now that I am in the market place and serving as a "volunteer" worship leader, my perspective on life and ministry has been adjusted.

My plan going forward is to write and share my life in the "real world". To be honest and real (not that I wasn't before) in sharing my life and understanding of what the Lord is doing in and around me.

Here I go again...

Blessings and Peace

Mike

No comments: