Saturday, February 16, 2013

Eternal and Great God

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning: great is your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:22-23

The love and mercy and faithfulness of God are important attributes of God. All of them are important but Jeremiah points to these three as continual and new and great. I am thankful for God's attributes being the same. I am glad that he does not change like shadows and is not one way today and another tomorrow.

He is merciful and gracious towards us because He knows that we are weak and frail and made of dust. He is the One who made us, created us, knit us together in our mother's womb. He knows the trials we face and He knows how to "work all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose" (Rom. 8:28)

I am prone to focus on my mistakes, failures and troubles. The things I should have done or could have done seem to flood my mind. But when I think of verses like Lamentations 3:22-23, the LORD reminds me of Who He is. When I truly realize how great and awesome He is and that He created everything that is, that nothing is hide from His eyes, that He rewards those who love and fear Him (fear as in reverence and awe and love and adoration) , how can I for one second worry about tomorrow or what I am going to wear or what I am going to eat or what job will I have.

God loves me. His mercies will never end and He is faithful. Oh, that I would love Him with my whole heart, mind, spirit and body and love others as He has loved me; that my life would bring Him glory now and forever more.

No comments: